Racing with Giants:
On the 100th anniversary of the running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans race in France, and the 75th anniversary of Porsche, Mobil 1 and Hagerty Media are proud to present a documentary on the intertwined, rich history of this storied race and the most-winning brand to ever cross its finish line.
Narrated by actor/racer and Le Mans podium-finisher Patrick Dempsey, this documentary features a mixture of archival footage with firsthand interviews of Le Mans winners Jacky Ickx, Derek Bell, Allan McNish, Nick Tandy and Patrick Long as well as with notable brand enthusiasts Rod Emory and Spike Feresten, plus future Le Mans hopeful Loni Unser.
This film also illustrates the strong and direct connection that the Porsche brand possesses when it comes to developing new technology on the track and translating that into the road cars that enthusiasts know and love.
About the film: Racing with Giants: Porsche at Le Mans is a collaboration between Mobil 1 and Hagerty, who chose to partner with with two-time Primetime Emmy Award and Peabody Award winner Robert Dalrymple and his production company to produce a film that will connect the race cars to the road cars they inspired, showcasing Porsche’s engineering expertise and unprecedented history of dominance at the world’s most grueling endurance race.
Through this documentary, viewers will see industry titans as they dive deep into the biggest race in endurance racing, including:
• Nick Tandy: 2015 Porsche Le Mans winning driver and current Penske Porsche 963 driver
• Spike Feresten: Podcast host, television personality, comedy writer
• Rod Emory: Renowned restorer of Porsche
• Patrick Long: Former Porsche factory driver
• Derek Bell: Five-time Le Mans winning and Formula 1 winning driver
• Jacky Ickx: Six-time Le Mans winning and Formula 1 wining driver
• Allan McNish: 3-Time Le Mans winning driver including the 1998 Porsche Mobil 1 GT1 race car
• Loni Unser: Professional race car driver and member of the legendary Unser racing family